Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Fever

Spring is starting to peek into my world. High of 71 today and I didn't get any sewing done! I spent some time outside enjoying the sun and thinking of what to plant. Last years gerbera daisies are only a memory and a file on my computer. Everything is still brown as far as the eye can see but it shouldn't be long now before some greenery comes along. After I came in from looking at all the brown scenery I needed a dose of color. The afternoon was spent cutting up sample paint booklets into a tiny 3x5 sketchbook. I like all the tiny color ways on each page. Now each page is getting a list of ideas that each color way reminds me of. This tiny little sketchbook is now overflowing with ideas and suggestions for all sorts of projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your flower photo! over the weekend i went to an orchid show and took some shots i hope are exotic.. i have a 6 mp canon my first digital camera would you believe, so i am learning. what camera do u use ? any tips for a beginner (in a new media
) for close up flora? sonja asked

Heather said...

Thank you, sonja. I am a 35 mm film using kinda gal. The flower pix are taken with my Nikon camera and when developed put onto a cd for the computer. When I'm in a hurry I grab my DH's Sony Cyber-shot camera. Your camera should take much better shots than my camera. The best tip I can think of is to take more than one/two shots. The more pix of a subject the more likely one of them will be great.