Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Surface design

After cleaning my studio space a little bit, thanks Linda, I decided to paint some leftover pfd yardage. This white fabric was calling me away from tree scapes and challenges, round robins and postcards. Calling loudly. Okay, I know, it's an excuse not to get busy but it sounds better this way. Anyway, I painted the squares with setacolor paints and decided to sun-print them. I had bought a package of those flat glass pebbles not long ago and thought they would be perfect for the print. I like the way both pieces turned out. Not sure yet what they will become but I had so much fun painting them I already have plans for more.

After taking pix for the blog I tweaked them in photoshop a little and got this nifty colorway below. Now I may have to try it with paint.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heather , i like what u did with the flat pebbles, reminds me of marbles. and i like the blue and red one you tweeked ? it makes me feel i am under the ocean looking up towards the sun and turtles are swimming over my head!

Heather said...

Thanx for the idea sonja. Now I need to dye turtle fabric. Maybe some coral? Got an underwater camera?

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are very cool. Are they fat quarters?

I love the bottom one!

Looks like a great start on a fish!

Lisa

Heather said...

Thank you, Lisa. They are fat quater size. More Fish? This piece will be an underwater scene, thanks to you and sonja.